The CRIADO team actively participates in community service initiatives throughout the DFW metroplex.
- CRIADO assists the University of Texas at Arlington (UTA) by offering internships for students attending the School of Civil Engineering. The firm takes pride in providing hands-on real world experience to give local students a competitive edge. (http://www.uta.edu/engineering/)
- CRIADO participated as a mentor for the Society of American Military Engineer (SAME) UTA Chapter. We were honored to have the opportunity to reach out to those who have served their country by providing opportunities to military students seeking a degree in civil engineering.
- Members of our team have chaired the college outreach at The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) and assisted with the K-12 programs fostering interest in engineering careers and acted as a point of contact for summer engineering camps (https://mavorgs.collegiatelink.net/organization/SAME)
- CRIADO chaired the scholarship fund raising at the Texas Society of Professional Engineers (TSPE) and the Texas Engineering Foundation to offer a number of scholarships to graduating high school seniors who plan to pursue engineering degrees.
- CRIADO has chaired the college outreach at The Society of American Military Engineers (SAME) and assisted with the K-12 programs fostering interest in engineering careers and acted as a point of contact for summer engineering camps.
- CRIADO participated closely with the Regional Hispanic Contractors Association (RHCA) to mentor a student(referred by RHCA), who attended Rice University to pursue a degree in civil engineering. In addition, we participate in different committees such as the Day of the Construction Worker, and Business Development, where CRIADO actively pursues inclusion of minority companies in major projects within the Metroplex.
- Criado has participated in and volunteered time as a member of The Conference of Minority Transportation Officials (COMTO) in events that raise funds to assist students who are pursuing degrees in transportation.
- CRIADO has partnered with The Boy Scouts of America Pack 59 providing a tour of our offices to demonstrate and explain civil engineering and land surveying to the scouts.
- CRIADO joined the MBE Institute for Public Policy to advocate for Minority Business Enterprises. CRIADO attended the training session for the 2011 MBE Public Day trip to Austin had the opportunity to meet with State public officials and promote policies pertinent to the inclusion of MBE’s contracting and procurement.
- CRIADO supported Kowboys for Kids, a Non-Profit organization that helps abused and neglected children that are in need throughout the Metroplex and surrounding areas. This organization provides assistance with purchasing school supplies, school clothes, food, and gifts during the holiday season. They also partner with local churches, as well as city and state agencies.
- 2015 and 2016 Participant in the Dallas Mayor’s Intern Fellows Program – CRIADO is participating in the Mayor’s Intern Fellows Program (MIFP) which is an eight-week, paid summer internship program that introduces Dallas ISD public high school students to careers and employment opportunities in industries and companies where they have expressed interest. Modeled after the prestigious White House Fellows, MIFP prepares motivated students to become the leaders of tomorrow.
With the addition of our summer intern, a DISD School of Science and Engineering student, to CRIADO’S staff, and in keeping with the Mayor’s Intern Program Mission (“To introduce exemplary Dallas high school students to future careers, professional employment opportunities and valuable workplace skills…”), CRIADO was fortunate to be a part of this incredible program.
In the past, CRIADO provided great learning opportunities and a chance to gain a better understanding of Civil Engineering and how it impacts the places where we work and live. Our interns are provided with challenging projects in which to broaden their engineering experience.