Point of Contact:
- City of Forney (Owner)
- Candy McQuinston
- (972) 564-7351
- 101 East Main Street
Forney, Texas 75126
Start date: 3/2016
Finish date: 5/2019
Contract type: Design
Total Design Fee: $354,214.03
Total Construction Cost: $3,549,981
Scope of work:
CRIADO served as the Prime Consultant to perform engineering services for the reconstruction of over 2,900 LF of Redbud Drive from FM 740 to Pinson Road as a two-lane 26- foot face-to-face reinforced concrete pavement section. Additional project scope included improvements to the associated drainage and water and wastewater systems within the project limits.
Key project scope elements completed by CRIADO include:
- Development of full PS&E in accordance with City of Forney and other regulatory design and construction standards,
- Design of horizontal and vertical paving alignment; including preparation of plan & profile sheets and cross sections,
- Design of closed pipe storm drainage systems to convey over 60-acres of off-site flow that is currently conveyed via surface flow resulting in extensive areas of frequent street flooding during rain events,
- Design of downstream storm channel improvements,
- Completion of a value engineering analysis of various drainage improvement concepts to most efficiently convey the large off-site flow into a downstream drainage flume with a limiting tail-water elevation.
- Design of water and wastewater main improvements
- Completion of a tree survey by a certified arborist to facilitate better communications with the public regarding numerous tree removals within public right-of-way,
- Development of traffic control phasing and detour plans to ensure access for residents, garbage service, and mail service throughout construction,
- Topographic survey services in accordance with City standards,
- Coordination with two sub-consultants providing specialty support services, and
- Ongoing coordination with City staff regarding project schedule and budget status.
- Design was completed in 2019. Construction is ongoing.
- Relevant project categories include:
- Roadway (Roadway Design, Storm Sewer Design, Franchise Utility Identification, Pavement Markings Design, In-house survey, CAD Plans, Hydraulic evaluations, and SWPPP),
- Water (Water main design, In-house survey, and CAD plans),
- Wastewater (Wastewater main design, In-house survey, and CAD plans), and
- Project Cost Estimating (Pre-design and Completed plans).